Tastier Than TikTok Baked Feta Pasta
Can't get enough of this pasta trend that nearly broke the Internet? Neither can I.
No fresh garlic and herbs on hand, though? Not a problem.
My version of this TikTok sensation is simpler and uses Garden Garlic Seasoning for a fresh, flavorful dish.
You Will Need:
1 lb pasta (penne, spiral, bowtie -- choose your fave!)
3/4 cup and ½ tablespoon TBI-brand Giavanna’s Garden Garlic Seasoning, divided
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
2 packs cherry or grape tomatoes
1 block feta cheese (around 8 oz)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Red pepper flakes, grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400. Add ¾ cup Garden Garlic Seasoning, tomatoes, olive oil, and salt and pepper to a baking dish and toss.
Place the block of feta in the middle and top with the remaining Garden Garlic Seasoning and optional red pepper flakes or Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Now grab a glass of wine and wait. Just kidding (about waiting, not the wine).
While the feta and tomatoes bake, prepare the pasta al dente (firm) per the instructions on the package. Strain, but keep the pasta water.
At the 30-minute mark, increase oven temperature to 450 until the feta cheese and tomatoes have browned (usually 5-10 minutes).
After removing from the oven, give the contents of the baking dish a good stir (caution, the dish will be HOT).
- Add the strained pasta to the baking dish and stir until the pasta is evenly coated with the “sauce.”
For a thinner sauce, if desired, add some of the pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time and stir to incorporate.
Add salt, pepper and more red pepper flakes is desired.
Tips from The Blonde Italian
- Get creative! Add green onions and bell peppers to the pasta. Use up leftover cooked chicken breast by mixing it in before serving.
- Serve as a side with seafood or roasted pork.
- Skip the pasta! Follow the instructions to make the sauce and then serve over your favorite protein.
- Looking for pasta? Try my Penne Rigate.