Slow Simmered Chicken and Greens Soup
Make this easy slow simmered chicken and greens soup (vegetarian version included) with my all natural Premio Simmer Sauce.
It is so delicious and super simple to make. Each jar makes one batch that serves 2-3.
Serve with crusty baked bread on the side to soak up every delicious drop! Other uses for this sauce are printed on every label.
This sauce is a favorite among children and teens.
You Will Need:
- Crockpot, Dutch oven, or a medium saucepan
- 1 16oz. jar of The Blonde Italian 'Premio Simmer Sauce' - this sauce has premium tomatoes, fresh herbs, extra virgin olive oil, and freshly ground spices so you don't need anything beyond what is listed below:
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup white cannellini beans
- 1-2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized slivers or cubes
- 1 Cup fresh greens, spinach, green beans, or corn
- 1/2 Cup diced white onion
- Pinch of salt
Add all ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. If you're using delicate fresh greens, add them to the pot about 30 minutes before done. For an even faster method, cook chicken breasts in a skillet first, then put all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on high for about 1 hour.
If you don't have a crockpot or Dutch oven and are using a saucepan on the stovetop, I recommend cooking the chicken until it's nearly done, then put all ingredients into the saucepan and simmer on low-medium heat for about one hour. Stir often. Tip: Place a metal heat disc or pie pan between the stovetop burner and saucepan to prevent scorching.
For a vegetarian option, replace chicken broth with vegetable broth and substitute a second can of white beans, wild rice, or bite-sized pasta for the chicken.
Like it spicy? Add a pinch of crushed red pepper or a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce.