Easy Chicken and Greens Soup
Serve with crusty baked bread on the side to soak up every delicious drop! Other uses for this sauce are printed on every label.
This sauce is a favorite among children and teens.
You Will Need:
- Medium saucepan
- 1 16oz jar The Blonde Italian Premio Simmer Sauce (This sauce contains premium tomatoes, fresh herbs, extra virgin olive oil, butter & freshly ground spices so all else you need is listed below!)
- 2 cups chicken broth (lower sodium if desired)
- 1 cup white Cannellini beans, chick peas or fresh green beans
- 1-2 boneless pre- cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size slivers or cubes
- 1 cup fresh mixed greens
- Put all ingredients -- except mixed greens -- into pan. Cover and occasionally stir while bringing to a low boil.
- Lower heat, add mixed greens and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread on side to soak up every delicious drop!
For a vegetarian option: Replace chicken broth with vegetable broth and substitute a second can of white beans, wild rice, or bite-sized pasta for the chicken.
Like it spicy? Add a pinch of crushed red pepper or a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce.