Perfect Potato Bake
If you love a rich and cheesy potato casserole, this recipe is for you!
My potato bake uses Giavanna's Garden Garlic seasoning to up the flavor- and deliciousness. Along with several cheeses and heavy cream, this dish is always a knockout.
This recipe creates 15-20 servings, making it the perfect holiday or potluck dish. If you need a go-to recipe that will have everyone asking for seconds...look no further!
You Will Need:
- 3 lbs (about 7 medium to large sized) Gold potatoes- sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp The Blonde Italian Giavanna's Garden Garlic Seasoning
- 1 small white onion (4-6 oz) sliced thinly
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup whole milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3 slices Havarti Butter Cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley- chopped finely
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk heavy cream and milk together then pour onto potatoes. Add grated and shredded Parmesan cheeses, salt, and pepper. Mix with a large spoon, then pour into casserole pan and set aside. Pour breadcrumbs into a bowl.
On the stovetop, spoon my Giavanna’s Garden Garlic Seasoning into a skillet and begin heating. After a few minutes, add onions and butter to the skillet and sauté until soft.
Pour mixture from the skillet into breadcrumb bowl, stir to blend, then pour over potatoes in casserole pan. Top with a few small squares of Havarti cheese widely spaced apart.
Bake for a minimum of 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and crispy. Cool for 10 minutes before serving and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!